One of the most complex tasks in creating a game is simply organizing and keeping track of all the little (and occasionally gargantuan) pieces that at some point in time are all supposed to come together. In last week or so we've made this task considerably easier by employing some great project tracking software. After we completed the task and crunched all the numbers we're quite happy to report that the game is inching ever so closer to that wonderful 100% complete number. We're not there yet, but the digits we did see were certainly comforting.
Never underestimate the power of forms and numbers and spreadsheets. They may look complicated but they are oh-so-comforting. Like a fuzzy blanket, a warm fireplace and a goblet overflowing with the blood of our enemies.
The basics are all moving forward as usual. Scripting is going ahead and we're beginning to officially lock down content. We've put a halt on any new content and are now satisfied with simply building the rest of the game. Basically, everything we want to go in has been designed and is being implemented as we speak.
So no pulling a Peter Molyneux and delaying the game for three more years because we want to make trees grow in real time.