Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Praise be to the Fonz

Fonz our graphics designer that is, not THE Fonz. Then again, I suppose the illustrious Happy Days character deserves some praise - if only for the thousands of research hours he saved by collecting the rarest of STDs.

Um... where was I going with this?

Oh! Right! Our Fonz! The adorable Frenchman whom you will know from the credits as Gwénaël Godde. Why is he the titular character of this post? You shall be informed! You see, on top of slaving away on the actual game part of Pier Solar, Fonz is the man responsible for the glorious packaging we introduced to you weeks ago. Most of us, however, had only pictures to partake in, but lately we've been tossing the complete boxes back and forth - checking for sturdiness, style, and gently caressing them as we fall asleep. While the pictures are lovely, they really don't do the boxes justice. I was shocked at their quality and, not to put too fine a point on it, amazed at how much better they are than most professional game boxes. I estimate that when the product arrives in your hot little hands, you'll spend just as much time with the box as you will with the game. It's really damn, damn, DAMN sexy.

Now that the script is finished, our translators are diligently working away so those of you not blessed with speaking "da english" will be able to enjoy the finely crafted narrative within.

In the coding department Tulio has been chained to his desk for days, busily scripting the remainder of the game. Every time he slows down we have him whipped. Or, at least, we did until he started to like it. More info than you needed I'm sure, but it wigged us out too.

Finally, I know I said I'd try to get some in-game music for your listening pleasure but I just couldn't track down our composer in time to get the files. My bad.

I might need to be whipped.

*Cough*

-WM

No comments: